Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shoe Drawling

The shoe drawing was one of our first projects done in art one.  We could either pick shoes from a box of shoes, or draw our own shoes.  I decided to draw my own shoes.  I first put my shoes in many different placements, but I drew them upside down and to the side because the soles of my shoes had a lot a texture to draw.  I put the shoes in the center of the paper, and I didn't leave much space around the shoes so that there was not a lot of negative space.  I made sure that the shoe in front was darker to make it appear further up than the other shoe.  The shoe in the back is lighter to show that it is in the background.  I shaded with the pencil by rubbing the pencil in with a paper towel to create cast shadows from both shoes.  I also did this to add texture to the soles of the shoes, making them seem more rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment