Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ceramics

The medium that was used for this ceramics was clay, and the bowl is about medium sized.  The designed element stressed during the construction of the ceramics was form.  The technique that I used was the slump technique and a slab roller.  My piece can serve as a bowl for many things like cereal or fruits and vegetables.  To figure out my design that I wanted to use, we looked through different magazines with unique and intricate designs.  I wanted something complex, but still simple.  From this project I learned that clay is fun to work with, but it can also be very tricky to work with.  If I could change anything about this project it would be to make the rim different, and to make sure my lines were more precise and straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment