Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Name

This drawing is a small representation of myself.  While planning this, I wanted to include a few things that I enjoy and that are important to me.  (Our name or initials had to be included as well.)  I have always loved the beach and being in the water so I incorporated a sun and waves.  I also like water polo and swimming, which is also represented by the water.  To tie the picture all together is a jump rope.  I have been doing competitive jump rope for several years now, and it is a huge part of my life.  To make this, we first drew the picture in pencil on a blank piece of white paper.  Next we placed another paper on top of the original and put those two pages on a tracing table so that you could see the pencil through both pages.  Lastly we traced the pencil lining with a black sharpie.  We had to make sure that there was an equal amount of negative and light space.  To add more negative space, you just added more with the black sharpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment