Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

For the composition of my painting I first decided on what landscape idea I wanted to pain.  Afterwards, I looked through pictures online of palm trees in Venice Beach, and I also found some of my own pictures that I had taken that I could use.  In this painting, we had to use atmospheric perspective.  Atmospheric perspective is having depth within a painting, and the painting being as realistic as possible.  You have to make sure that what you're painting is in perspective with everything else in the painting.  I used tints and shades to help create an atomospheric perspective that fits my painting.  To add a light source I made certain parts of the painting lighter by adding white to the color, and other parts of the painting darker by adding black to the color.  I also used cast shadows to make the light source more clear.  The color scheme that I used for this painting was complementary.  My two complementary colors in the painting are blue and orange.  There were a couple different brush strokes used in this painting.  For the sky and the ocean I used horizonta brush strokes.  For the sand I took the bristles on the paint brush, spread them out, and dabbed the paint on the painting.  For the leaves of the palm trees I used a small paint brush to create fast short strokes.  For the trunks of the palm trees I used vertical strokes, and I used markers to make the graffiti.  I used value in my painting by using the tints and shades of my color scheme.  This added texture to the sky, ocean, sand, and the leaves of the palm trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment